Make happiness your goal
In my opinion, it is not being selfish to aim for your happiness with some amount of common sense. Here is my excellent discovery: Make yourself happy first, your family, next!
If you want happiness for a day, go on a picnic.
If you want happiness for a week, go on a vacation.
If you want happiness for a month, get married.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit wealth.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, learn to love what you do for a living!
Some of us are foolish enough not to love what we do for a living. We go on dreaming of something else that we may get at a late date. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Think of your own ways as mental reminders and changes.
Make an account of your wealth and wisdom. If you have a healthy wife, write it down. If you have a healthy son, write it down. Let us say, he is not good in studies. Write it down on the other side, and then make an action plan to improve him over a period of time, say, 3 years. You cannot do it in a jiffy!
Happiness is a positive cash flow. This is not dependent upon how much you earn, but on how much you save! There are two ways to increase your cash flow and your happiness: by reducing your demands or by increasing your income. Demands you can reduce now, while income takes time to increase. Whether you earn Rs.9000 or Rs. 90, 000 per month, the same rules apply.
Practice good housekeeping at the office and at home – “kill” whatever irritates you, such as a fused bulb, a naked wire, a messy wall, and so on.
Do a regular self-audit of your karmas (actions). If you are honest with yourself, you will know when right is right and wrong is wrong, even though there are many shades of grey between white and black.
Nine good ways to be happy…now!
- My life changed when I changed. I decided to change myself and I achieved what I had wanted all along… almost!
- My mind and my heart are my best assets. I must ‘invest’ in them consciously and subconsciously, by exposure and experience and experiences every day, and by reflecting before I go to sleep.
- My self-image is very important to me to remain happy! I make sure that I feel good about myself, most of the time.
- Give compliments generously, to everyone!
- Forgiveness is happiness. Forgive and forget. It’s simple.
- Perfection is expensive and mistakes are feedback! These two thoughts have helped me to achieve a little more happiness.
- Think poor, stay poor, Think rich, stay rich!
- A failure is an opportunity! Thinking that way and trying to happy will give you happiness while you are achieving it.
- Count your blessings. Don’t worry… be happy!